Awards and experiences
- Born in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Medical studies in Göttingen, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) with Professor Dr Ivo Pitanguy and at the Grote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1991-1996 Medical specialist training and doctorate at the Universitäts-HNO-Klinik, Göttingen
- 1996-1999 Consultant in the ENT department at the Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus Bonn-Bad Godesberg with the additional qualification “plastic surgery”.
- Foreign languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Specialisation within the field of aesthetic surgery
Through specialisation and the associated frequency of the operations performed, the surgeon acquires tremendous confidence and experience. This is true especially if he has acquired his specialised medical training in this area.
Naturalness of the postoperative result
Nothing is worse than a postoperative result that makes it obvious to everyone that an operation was performed. An experienced and responsible surgeon must never rush to realise exaggerated patient expectations. An in-depth consultation, possibly assisted with a computer simulation, can be a means of persuasion in this regard.
Safety over beauty
The health of the patient is the top priority. If an aesthetic operation would put the patient’s health in jeopardy, it should not be performed under any circumstances. And operations must always be performed so that normal functions are preserved, a principle that, unfortunately, is not always observed when it comes to the nose. In other words, what good is the most beautiful nose if one can no longer breathe properly after the operation?
Member of the following professional associations
- Expertenrat deutscher Nasenchirurgen (Gründungsmitglied)
- Gesellschaft für Ästhetische Chirurgie Deutschland (GÄCD) (Vorstandsmitglied)
- European Academy of Facial-Plastic-Surgery
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Plastische- und Wiederherstellungschirurgie
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für HNO, Kopf- und Halschirurgie